Terms and Conditions – New Year New Score
1. The competition name is New Year New Score
2. The promoter is Credit Savvy, a trademark of CBA New Digital Businesses Pty Ltd, trading as Credit Savvy (the “Promoter”). CBA New Digital Businesses Pty Ltd is a subsidiary of the Commonwealth Bank of Australia ABN 48 123 123 124 (“CBA”).
3. The Competition commences at 9.00AM (AEDT time) on 20 December, 2023 and closes at 11.59PM (AEDT time) on 23 January, 2024 (“Competition Period”).
- The prize (“Prize”) for the Competition is two (2) prizes of Woolworths Supermarket eGift Card valued at $500 AUD each (i.e. a total of $1,000 AUD in Woolworths Supermarket eGift Card). The total value of the Prize Pool is $1,000 AUD.
- The total number of Prizes for the Competition is two (2) prizes each consisting of Woolworths Supermarket eGift Card(s) to the value of $500 AUD each (total value of $1000 AUD) with details stated in section 4.
- The Prize:
a) there is no expiry date on this eGift Card
b) the Woolworths Supermarket eGift Card will need to be activated as per instructions issued with the card
c) is subject to any additional conditions that apply to the Woolworths Supermarket eGift Card as detailed by the card provider
- Entry into the Competition is open to Australian residents who at the time of entry:
a) are over the age of 18;
b) are Credit Savvy members who log into the service during the competition period OR become a Credit Savvy member and log into the service during the competition period
c) are a Credit Savvy member at the end of the competition period
d) are not an employee or contractor of the Promoter or of the Promoter's related entities (including CBA or CBA New Digital Businesses Pty Ltd); and
e) are not an immediate family member (spouse, parent, sibling or child) of a person described in clause 7(d) above,
HOW TO ENTER
- To enter the Competition, Eligible Participants must login to their Credit Savvy account and view their credit score between 20 December 2023 at 9am and 23 January 2024 at 11:59PM (AEDT time).
- Eligible Participants will automatically receive 1 entry into the Competition on successful completion of the first log in to their Credit Savvy account during the competition period.
- There is a maximum of 1 entry per Credit Savvy member.
DETERMINING THE WINNER
- Two (2) Eligible Participants will be selected at random to win ("Winner approved by NSW authorities. The Two (2) Eligible participants selected at random will win one (1) of the two (2) Prizes. The random electronic prize draw will take place at 1:00PM (AEST) on 25 January, 2024 at the Promoter's office at The Foundry, 1 Locomotive St, Eveleigh NSW 2015 ("Draw").
- At the time of the Draw, the Promoter will randomly select an additional five (5) Eligible Participants to be reserve winners if the Winner does not claim the Prize in accordance with these Terms and Conditions ("Reserve Winners").
ANNOUNCING THE WINNER
- The Winner will be notified by email using the email address registered on their Credit Savvy account. The email notification will provide instructions on how the Winner may claim the Prize.
- The Winner will be asked to confirm they are an Eligible Participant of the competition via email prior to the any prize being provided
- The Promoter will publish the name of the Winner online on the Promoter's website available at creditsavvy.com.au/learn by 9 February, 2024 (unless the Winner requests that his or her name and/or company name are not to be published).
CLAIMING THE PRIZE
- The Winner must claim their Prize by 5:00PM (AEDT) on 1 February, 2024 after the Prize has been awarded to them by confirming receipt of the email notification by return email or by such other method specified in the email notification.
- If the Winner does not claim their Prize in that time:
a) the Winner will be taken to have forfeited the Prize and the Promoter will instead award the Prize to the Reserve Winner to have been next drawn;
b) the Promoter will notify the Reserve Winner by email to the email address provided by the Reserve Winner in the Credit Savvy New Year New Score competition within 7 days of the Prize being awarded to them and will publish their name in the manner described in clause 6; and
c) the Reserve Winner must claim their Prize within 14 days of being notified pursuant to clause 12.
3. If a Reserve Winner does not claim the Prize within 14 days, the process set out in clause 12 shall be applied again, and so on until the Prize has been claimed.
4. As a condition of claiming the Prize, each Winner or Reserve Winner (as the case may be) ("Prize Recipient") must:
a) consent to the Promoter using the Prize Recipient's name, likeness, image and/or voice (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of this Competition (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter;
b) sign any legal release and indemnity as may be reasonably required by the Promoter and/or any suppliers of any elements of the Prize.
5. The Winner will receive the Prize via courier to a valid Australian address.
1. The Promoter reserves the right at any time, in its sole discretion, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an Eligible Participant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any Eligible Participant whom the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these terms, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the Competition. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
2. If for any reason this Competition is not capable of running as planned (including, but not limited to infection by computer virus, bugs, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Competition), the Promoter may, subject to the approval of all relevant regulatory authorities, take any action that may be available including cancelling, terminating, modifying or suspending the Competition.
3. The Prize is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash. The Winner accepts the Prize ‘as is’ and acknowledges that the Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the voucher.
4. The Promoter will collect and use each Eligible Participant’s personal information for the purposes of conducting the Competition (which may include disclosure to third parties for the purpose of processing and conducting the Competition Prize, including the electronic prize draw).
6. Complaints regarding the Competition may be submitted by email to contact email@example.com. If there is a dispute concerning the complaint, the decision of the Promoter is final and binding and no further correspondence will be entered into.
7. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter and its related entities and its and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents, will not be liable for any personal injury, loss or damage, whatsoever which is suffered or sustained (including, but not limited to) indirect or consequential, financial or other loss) to or by the Eligible Participants. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify a Winner who subsequently becomes ineligible or does not meet with the Eligibility requirements.
8. Terms or conditions prohibited by law shall be void without prejudice to the remaining terms.