Savvy Series: Things to do in Perth for under $20
In the sixth installment of the Savvy Series (see parts 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 here), we head west to Perth. Surrounded by beautiful beaches, walking trails, weekend markets and botanical gardens, Perth is full of fun and adventure. Check out these 10 things to do in Perth for under $20:
1. Visit The Bell Tower. Home of the Swan Bells, a set of 18 bells hanging in a specially built copper and glass tower. Adult tickets are $18 and give you unlimited access to all five public areas.
2. Pack a picnic and head to Kings Park & Botanic Garden. During September, the annual Kings Park Festival is held, featuring spectacular displays of blooming wildflowers.
3. Go wine tasting in Swan Valley. Just a 25 minute drive east of Perth, Swan Valley is filled with a wide range of boutique wineries, microbreweries, restaurants and cafes.
4. Ever tried a hoop workout? New clients pay just $5 to take their first hoop class at Happy Healthy Hoops. We’ve heard it’s a pretty fun, full body workout!
5. Enjoy a night of jazz at the Ellington Jazz Club. Drop in after work for the early show or enjoy an after dinner late night performance.
6. Visit the famous black swans at Lake Monger. Lake Monger is also a popular place to go for a run or a cycle.
9. Take a guided tour of the Perth Mint. You’ll visit the grand heritage building, secured vault and you can even watch a gold pour. A family pass for two adults and two children is just $48.
10. Grab some fish and chips and head to Cottesloe Beach. This iconic spot is popular for swimming, snorkelling and surfing. Don’t forget to bring your camera!