Savvy Series : Things to do in Adelaide for under $20
In part two of our Savvy Series (see part one here), the Credit Savvy team shines the spotlight on the picturesque city of Adelaide. Check out these ten things to do in Adelaide that won’t blow your budget:
1. Browse the stalls of Adelaide Central Market and pick up fresh bread and produce before picnicking in one of the city’s gorgeous parks.
2. Enjoy a wine tasting – you don’t have to travel far to find a premium drop in the wine capital of Australia. McLaren Vale, Barossa Valley and Clare Valley are just a few of the wine regions worth visiting.
3. If you’re in town for the Adelaide Fringe Festival, (the world’s second-largest annual arts festival), there’s plenty of free and inexpensive events to choose from every February and March.
4. Hire a free bike and cycle the Torrens Linear Park trail to Henley Beach. You’ll pass some gorgeous scenery, historic buildings and finish at one of Adelaide’s favourite beaches.
6. Travel to Mount Lofty Summit for lovely views over Adelaide, before continuing on to Adelaide Hills, a charming wine region that also features Hahndorf, Australia’s oldest German settlement.
7. Catch the tram from the city to Glenelg and spend the day exploring this seaside suburb.
9. Watch a game of cricket at the Adelaide Oval – Big Bash Strikers tickets cost approximately $43 for a family of four.
10. Head to the Himeji Gardens, a tranquil Japanese Garden surprisingly tucked away in the CBD.
P.S. If you’re feeling extra savvy, why not check your credit score for free?