A year in the life of Jake and his credit score
Here at Credit Savvy, we’re committed to demystifying the world of credit. We’ve created an infographic that visualises how your credit reputation could be affected by a range of factors – including some you might never have considered!
Many of us know we should pay our bills on time, but did you know that making too many credit applications in a short time frame could negatively impact your credit reputation?
As our Managing Director Dirk says, “We’ve created this infographic to help everyone understand how important it is to track their credit score over time, and take positive steps to manage their credit reputation.”
With Comprehensive Credit Reporting (CCR) now in place, more information about your credit arrangements and credit history are shared between lenders, so it’s more important than ever to proactively manage your credit reputation.
One of the best ways of monitoring your credit reputation is to track your credit score and check your credit file regularly. That way you can take steps to correct any errors and also understand what might be affecting your score.
HERE ARE OUR TOP TIPS FOR THE NEW FINANCIAL YEAR:
- Pay your bills & loan repayments on time
- Don’t apply for too much credit in a short time frame
- Stay away from specialty finance providers like payday lenders
- Monitor your credit score over time
- Check your credit file for errors that may be unfairly impacting your credit reputation
- Be patient – it takes time to improve your credit health
- Sign-up to Credit Savvy to track your credit score for free