Last updated: 27 April 2023
There are many ways you can improve your credit score, but it takes time and generally requires you to maintain a healthy credit history. Below are a few actions you can take that may improve your credit score:
- Demonstrate financial responsibility by making all your repayments on time.
- Make an honest assessment of your finances and only borrow what you can afford to pay back.
- Limit the number of credit applications you make by researching the credit products available in the market and only select those that suit your requirements.
- Before applying, consider what type of credit you are applying for, who the credit provider is and the impact this could have on your credit score. For example, payday lenders may be viewed less favourably than banks.
- Actively monitor and check your credit file for errors.
There is also some further information in the following articles that you may find useful: